First Annual Cinco de Mayo Turkey Hatchathon- Join us! Set Day: Easter

I considered the trash can as a nest box, but I think it will take up too much room in their coop.
barnie.gif
Darn it. As an alternative I looked at the plywood supply, and laid out the pieces for a long nest box, where 2 hens can sit side by side, as there are 3 hens. Maybe get it screwed together tomorrow.

I have ordered some turkey eggs as the girls are not producing yet. Hopefully here by Saturday, otherwise Monday/TUesday will be fine, too.
wee.gif

I'm getting Bourbon Reds from BYCer Franzen Farms...picking them up Friday morning at his place!!

I'd like to try some Midget Whites sometime......maybe you'll have some available next year!!

Last edited:
Maybe, I don't think we'll over winter any this year. We try to keep things simple for the girl that takes care of the chickens and goats when we vacation in Nov or Dec. Her brother probably needs another year or two to be any real help. But if I have any, you are welcome to them.

I thought real hard about Bourbon Reds, but decided to stay small, keep my DW a little used to the idea of turkeys.

Last edited:
My turkeys are thinking like the Easter Bunny 11 eggs today so Arielle
celebrate.gif
your eggs will make it on time. I sent out mlmddh's Midget Whites and ChooksChick's turkey assortment and should be able to get Noncentzter's and yours out tomorrow late or early Thursday and I have enough for one more 6 egg order so if anyone is looking for eggs....

Count me in. I should have Wishard Bronze, Black Winged Bronze and Bourbon Red eggs. Luckily the 28 days will give me some time to construct a new pen.
woot.gif

My turkeys are thinking like the Easter Bunny 11 eggs today so Arielle
celebrate.gif
your eggs will make it on time. I sent out mlmddh's Midget Whites and ChooksChick's turkey assortment and should be able to get Noncentzter's and yours out tomorrow late or early Thursday and I have enough for one more 6 egg order so if anyone is looking for eggs....

I'd LOVE some but the PO here is horrible with shipped eggs!!! Not sure what's happening and where but everyone I have spoken to around here has had the same experiences. I contacted many farms in the area that advertise baby turkeys for sale or grown turkeys but the ones that answered say they don't sell hatching eggs.
sad.png

I opened a pen this morning to let a group free range for the first time, while the other group is still locked up of course, and they are adventuring all around. THis group of chickens is bound for trouble. Just wait until I let the turkeys out . . . . mayhem is sure to ensue! THe young toms are naughty!

Back
Top Bottom