First batch of Call Ducks! 4 whites, 4 magpies, 4 black indies! Hatch-a-long!

So excited for you! I've got Call Duck eggs in the incubator right now. The countdown says 6 days until hatch. I'm so nervous! Looking forward to following along on your journey
So exciting! Will these be your first call ducks? Youā€™re going to love them! They have wonderful and unique personalities. Hope you have a good hatch! :clap

So exciting! Will these be your first call ducks? Youā€™re going to love them! They have wonderful and unique personalities. Hope you have a good hatch! :clap
Thank you! Yes my first Call Ducks so I am very nervous and cautiously thrilled with the possibility of these absolutely precious ducklings. I've been reading up and studying on incubating Call Ducks for a while now, but there's a lot to learn. My other ducks are much larger. I currently have 2 Pekins, a Buff Orpington and a Cayuga. They're almost 2 years old. So this will be a brand new experience

Thank you! Yes my first Call Ducks so I am very nervous and cautiously thrilled with the possibility of these absolutely precious ducklings. I've been reading up and studying on incubating Call Ducks for a while now, but there's a lot to learn. My other ducks are much larger. I currently have 2 Pekins, a Buff Orpington and a Cayuga. They're almost 2 years old. So this will be a brand new experience
No problem! So exciting. I just finished my latest call duck hatch a couple of days ago. I ended up assisting all of them (over 10) which was stressful but well worth it in the end. There definitely is a lot to learn but once to get the hang of it, itā€™s not too bad. I usually wait till theyā€™re internally pipped then rather early (because I didnā€™t want them to suffocate) Iā€™d add the safety hole. I usually added it roughly 16-18 hours after internal pip. From there about 24 hours later I open the area over the air cell and slowly assist to the point that they can get out on their own. Iā€™m not sure if it would be helpful but in my thread ā€œpreparing to set call and pekin duck eggs hatch day should be March 4 2021 if all goes wellā€, I got some great advice on assisting and posted some pictures of assisting progress of the call ducklings.

No problem! So exciting. I just finished my latest call duck hatch a couple of days ago. I ended up assisting all of them (over 10) which was stressful but well worth it in the end. There definitely is a lot to learn but once to get the hang of it, itā€™s not too bad. I usually wait till theyā€™re internally pipped then rather early (because I didnā€™t want them to suffocate) Iā€™d add the safety hole. I usually added it roughly 16-18 hours after internal pip. From there about 24 hours later I open the area over the air cell and slowly assist to the point that they can get out on their own. Iā€™m not sure if it would be helpful but in my thread ā€œpreparing to set call and pekin duck eggs hatch day should be March 4 2021 if all goes wellā€, I got some great advice on assisting and posted some pictures of assisting progress of the call ducklings.
Thank you! I'll be studying your thread next. Sounds like some wonderful information. Can't wait to learn from it. Thanks again for mentioning that. I'm sure it will provide a lot of useful information :D

Thank you! I'll be studying your thread next. Sounds like some wonderful information. Can't wait to learn from it. Thanks again for mentioning that. I'm sure it will provide a lot of useful information :D
No problem! Thanks! Iā€™m hoping it will. I learned a lot from some great hatchers. :D

Back
Top Bottom