First chickens excitement!

Corax

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Hello All! My husband and I are super excited to be embarking on our first chicken season! I've been reading and reading and reading here, and there is so much great information!

We live in High Springs, FL and our flock will stay small (ha! I see what happens to everyone here! small is the plan anyhow), planning to stick with just six for awhile. Our primary goal is eggs and good foragers--we've got a zillion ticks on our property, and of course mosquitoes too, in the summer months.

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
! I hope you find all you are looking for and more! PM me with any questions you may have!

Thanks Sunny and Leghorn for your welcomes :)

We are planning on Doms and Welsummers -- they seem to be good layers with gentle temperments--any feedback as to whether they will be happy in our North Central Florida climate is welcome!

I have two Barred Rocks which are similar to Dominiques (I think that's what you mean by DOms; correct me if I am wrong!) and they do well here in NC! I don't have any experience with raising Welsummers though so let me know how that goes please!

Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Good luck with your new babies. I would love to have Welsummers someday

Back
Top Bottom