First clutch, Quail eggs, Inc day 5?

No.problem! I really hope yours hatch. #24 just hatched for me. Maybe another one or two might.

Last edited:
Day 17 still nothing
sad.png
hope these eggs get moving soon id feel horrible if they don't, knowing they were definitely alive and moving inside!

Well, my first set didn't hatch till day 18, so don't give up hope yet!
fl.gif

This last set started early on day 16. I didn't do anything differently, except the bator was more heavily loaded this time.

Had 26 hatch, lost one that was splay leg and somehow got flipped over and I didn't see it and I think it was too close to the warmest area, and it died. But I'm pretty pleased with 84% hatch.

Look how stinkin cute:

Aww congrats hun they are so cute and yeah I'm gunna leave them be till day 20 and if still nothing I'm gunna candle for movement and possibly do an assisted hatch by popping a tiny hole in the bottom where there air cell is if they are still moving inside! Fingers and toes tightly crossed for my 3 bubs!

I assisted one on my last set. It pushed right out in my hand, once I got into the air cell. Best of luck to you and yes, fingers and toes are crossed for you!
See him squawking? As soon as I took this pic, he pushed out on his own.

Thanks for your reply and thankyou! I've been reading plenty of threads on here and thought why not join such a lovely forum! I've heard in a still air incubator it should be at 37.7 but I've also heard of quail hatching at lower and higher temps nothing higher then 45, as this is my first ever attempt I'm not to worried as I like to learn from things and see how things go lol this is also in my homemade incubator aswell so it's all a very new experience for me :) also the temp holds steady at 38.0 come night time so fingers crossed that will be Ok

Last edited:
Are these coturnix quail? I assume so from the pics, they look like mine. Some of mine appeared darker, some even green or blue tinted inside when candling. I hatched several different colors, but didn't note if there was any correlation.

I ran at 99.5-100 (37.5-38.2) No way would I expect 45 to be safe!!

What's your humidity running?

Hi thanks for replying and no I meant 45c was death temp lol sorry. I done have a humidity thermometer or gager so I don't actually know but read online a small plastic cup half filled with water is enough until lockdown then to add 2 wet sponges/rags is this Ok? And im not sure what breed they are I bought them mixed lol I thought the bright green ones where duds, as it's only day 5 I will be leaving them all in the incubator until atleast day 21/22 it's the patience thing that's the killer for me haha even if I do get a hatch

Wow such great pics I hope I see them that clearly in a few days fingers crossed, what did yu use to draw the air lines with? I will definitely increase the water surface area from day 14 any advice on what to use? I was thinking some are 6 days today and some are 9 days as they have been in the inc for 7 days now so I'm not counting the first day they went in but the person I got them from said they don't sell any eggs over 3 days old so I'm thinking a few could be older when posted could this be possible? Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom