First Coop by a new chicken farmer

First of all
welcome-byc.gif

I live pretty close to you! Great coop, I would love to have one like that. If you ever feel the need to build something, you are more than woelcome to come to my house!
lau.gif

Oh, you're right -- chickens are a lousy return for the money and the time -- and soooooo worth the investment. The entertainment value alone is priceless. I knew there was a story -- I hope you and your daughter enjoy them.

Although store-bought eggs might be selling for .99c a doz., farm fresh eggs can sells for as much as $3.50 (I've heard of farm eggs selling as high as $5.00 but not here and not often. I'd say an unscientific poll on here would be egg prices in the neighborhood of $2.50.)

Jenny

Quote:
Someone who wants the chickens and someone who likes to build things on the same property. Dangerous combination there;) ! Beautiful coop!

We (my hubby) just built the same coop. I saw one on a website I liked and we made it just a bit bigger than their specs - 6'x8' as well.
smile.png
We haven't built the run yet but will get to it soon. Our chicks are hatching in nine days so we have some time!

Back
Top Bottom