First culling

mossyroo

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 23, 2014
Mossy Head, FL
Had 3 cockerals and 6 pullets 6 Mo old. 2 of the roos were pretty aggressive and a little redundant so they started their journey to the table today. Roo #3 best mind his p's and q's or I'll just buy some eggs if I ever get a broody hen. 4.5 & 5.5 lbs dressed,

Okay...
rant.gif
Why did you kill them?

Had 3 cockerals and 6 pullets 6 Mo old. 2 of the roos were pretty aggressive and a little redundant so they started their journey to the table today. Roo #3 best mind his p's and q's or I'll just buy some eggs if I ever get a broody hen. 4.5 & 5.5 lbs dressed,

Good job! I'm positive that it went way better than my first dressing
th.gif
oh the trauma....

Good work! Don't let them goto waste!
I had 6 chicks they all grew up to be Roos all of them were aggressive and they became dinner also.

And then a bit of disaster struck. We had just gotten things cleaned up and put away when one of the pullets came stumbling out of the horse's stall. When I went out to check she was laying on the ground.. I picked her up and she was very weak and severely prolapsed. Think maybe got stepped on by horse. She died in my arms while I was trying to figure out what to do. From the looks of what we cleaned out, she must have been one of my top layers. She also had an awful lot of fat around her organs. Neither of the roos were like that. Don't know if that was normal or not. Now 3 in fridge and only 6 in pen. Negative chicken math.

Back
Top Bottom