first day out of the coop..

jbarrett72

Hatching
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Negaunee, MI
I was cleaning out the chicken coop today and one of my roosters got out. They're 12 weeks old now and I've wanted to free range them, so I figured today is a good day to start! so, I opened up the door and now I'm worried they won't come home!!

If they've been locked in the coop for a short while I expect you'll be surprised how well they all line up to go back into their coop this evening.

they've been in the coop since the end of July. They do have a pretty large fenced in run that they've been using. Early this summer I had a flock that I had in the same coop and run and some critter got into it and the chickens got loose and never came home. We'd see them out in the woods but they never came back to the coop. so, I'm a little worried....

The previous flock probably wouldn't come back because they were frightened that whatever got into the coop was still there and was going to get them. It's common for them to be somewhat traumatized.

I'd be willing to bet that tonight around dusk, your flock will be lined up outside the coop and run, ready to be let in. Good luck!

I hope so
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom