First day out

[/IMG]. 6 weeks old now and how they have grown , all 12 thriving and growing fast , mum is very protective and has been amazing , she is only a baby herself , don't know which are boys or girls yet but they are all so cute and very entertaining to watch x

My chicks are now 12 days old and beginning to show feathers on their wings. I have them in a bathtub with a heat lamp but they are strong and standing on the waterer. It's in the upper 80's here and lows in the 70s. Safe to transfer them outside yet? If not, when is the time? I have a coop enclosed.

I let mine out from the coop into the enclosed area that is outside about two weeks ago so they would be 4 weeks then , but it has been really cold here , I would have let them out sooner if it had been warmer, mum is wonderful with them if she thinks its not safe she clucks at them and they follow her everywhere. Even though they are getting big now she still gets them (all12 ) under her when it gets cold .

They are sooo adorable!
Scoobie20772, it gets really warm here too and my chicks are three weeks old now but since they were little i have had them outside, they don't have a mama ( long story) but they are doing fantastic, I take them inside at night though!

Back
Top Bottom