First egg! BCM, 19 weeks 6 days old

primatologica

Chirping
Apr 14, 2021
I happened to be out in my chicken yard when my Black Copper Marans girl Violet laid her first egg (it's my flock's first overall egg too, so I'm excited!). It's a pretty little egg. Do you think she'll lay a more uniformly dark egg as she matures, or is she likely to keep laying speckled eggs? I'm thrilled either way, just curious!

Attachments

• IMG_20210901_135542964_MP.jpg
    IMG_20210901_135542964_MP.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20210901_142139405.jpg
    IMG_20210901_142139405.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 14
I happened to be out in my chicken yard when my Black Copper Marans girl Violet laid her first egg (it's my flock's first overall egg too, so I'm excited!). It's a pretty little egg. Do you think she'll lay a more uniformly dark egg as she matures, or is she likely to keep laying speckled eggs? I'm thrilled either way, just curious!
I would guess the speckles would slowly fade away and may haplen sometimes. The egg size will get larger and her egg color, may fade and darken in tint depending on her body functions.

I just had a tiny serama pullet lay a first egg at just shy of 16 weeks. Record breaker here. And two days later she laid a second. One day later (today) a third. In my experience with serama specifically that’s probably not a good thing. But in your situation that’s super exciting. Love that.

Hi. Im wondering how her eggs turned out. Did they stay speckled or did the colour smooth out more evenly. Just curious my bcm layed her first egg at 31 weeks yesterday and it was also small and speckled.

Back
Top Bottom