First Egg Countdown

i am still waiting for my chicks to lay .i have a little ways to go. they are going on 14 weeks now.so far so good have no problems yet.they have been a joy to look at.i have 2 cocks and 13 hens maybe one day i will try to hatch some out with a little luck.

Mine are 20 wks and 16 wks,, it is seriously anyday..... My younger 3 are RIR and new hampshire and a columbian rock cross and have far surpassed my older ones in size and maturation. Maybe they will be the first to lay?? I know the breeds of the younger ones are quick to mature ,or so I have read, and the older girls are EE's ..I am on pins and needles here..
barnie.gif

I have a varied flock who are all around 22 weeks give or take. No eggs yet, but I am so eager for them to start to lay!!

The waiting is soooo difficult! I have 7 chickens- 2 bantam roosters, 3 bantam girls and 2 mille fleurs. 1 of the bantams and the 2 fleurs were just added one week ago. They are a little older, or so I was told, and I added them because the straight run 4 that I raised since they were a couple of days old ended up being two roosters as well as the hens and I read that it would be too stressful for the girls. The 4 I raised are 18 weeks tomorrow and the new ones are around a year. No eggs from anyone yet.
idunno.gif
I figure with the new ones, it is the stress of moving because everyone is getting along. My youngs ones....I figure anyday now? I am getting anxious!

Zoe, my Brown Leghorn is just over 15 weeks old today... and she's really getting red.

Nandi, the Wyandotte in the background... her comb and wattles are twice the size and twice as red as my other wyandotte's comb and wattles.

These two pullets will very likely be my first two to lay, followed by Inara, my other wyandotte, and then the easter eggers... whenever they get around to it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom