First Egg Countdown

M
Here is one of my 23 week old RIRs. My Reds are showing all the signs of being ready to lay and I'm getting excited. I'm thinking any day now. :fl Here is a picture of my Ameraucanas (Eastereggers?) who are just turning 19 weeks old. I figure they still have a long way to go before they are ready. I can't wait to find those first eggs!
my EEs started at 18 weeks! It can happen anytime!

O'my Oh my oh my!!!
wee.gif

I just finished posting in the forums because I was worried about my girl, she had been in and out of the nest box for DAYS!.... This morning she was in and of course we were all waiting, I was getting scared, thinking maybe there was a blockage or who knows? She started hollering like crazy, my hubs comes running in, I ask "What's wrong"?!!! He's "I don't know" I was just trying to talk to her to calm her down and she started screaming... I opened to nest box door, guess what I found????

now I can't get her to hush..she is running around crowing her head off......

Here is Hazel (In the nest box) with Lemon pacing back and forth...

The saying, "It's the little things in life" So very true!!
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

O'my Oh my oh my!!! :weee I just finished posting in the forums because I was worried about my girl, she had been in and out of the nest box for DAYS!.... This morning she was in and of course we were all waiting, I was getting scared, thinking maybe there was a blockage or who knows? She started hollering like crazy, my hubs comes running in, I ask "What's wrong"?!!! He's "I don't know" I was just trying to talk to her to calm her down and she started screaming... I opened to nest box door, guess what I found???? now I can't get her to hush..she is running around crowing her head off...... Here is Hazel (In the nest box) with Lemon pacing back and forth... The saying, "It's the little things in life" So very true!! :weee :celebrate :weee
Yipee

My two oldest hens (28 weeks and 24 weeks) just started laying only 2 days apart! The oldest laid first, then 2 days later the other started. We were quite shocked. Guess chickens can get on the same 'cycle'?

I'm super excited! My Cream Legbars started laying! I just think it's soooo cool that I hatched eggs in April and now they're laying! They're 20 weeks old this week, and I got 2 today, so that means 2 are laying! The pic has one of my RIR eggs to show how little the first one was.... they'll eventually get Medium to Med-large (my RIR's are almost a yr old and typically lay XL's). I am so hooked on these chickens!

No eggs yet. They are messing around in the nest boxes but I think they are just plying in the pine shavings. I'm think of putting some hay in them again. The first time I put hay in th they kicked hay everywhere. Then I put shavings. They ignored the nests for a while but now there back to walking around on them playing with the shavings. They've never pooped in them. Maybe its a sign of soon to start laying?

My girls (2 RSL, 3 BA (but i suspect one might be a BJG), 1 SLW) are 17 weeks today and I'm starting to think about eggs!! They don't seem to be showing any signs of laying, but I'm new to this so I don't really know. No interest in the nest boxes, no squatting, some of them barely have combs and wattles.... although a couple are developing nicely. I try not to think about it too much because I know it will drive me bonkers!
I made the mistake of buying a fresh egg cookbook. I was doing good not thinking about it up until that book showed up!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom