First Egg Countdown

My Welsummer squatted for the first time yesterday. She's 21 weeks like my BSL who laid for the first time yesterday. From comb coloring etc it looks like the Welly will be next and then the other 2 look a bit father behind so we may have several weeks after she lays for any new layers to start up.

I think my egg watch waiting game might be over soon. I went down to check on the ladies after their snack of ribs and my smallest hen was sitting on the bottom of the run and panting. It's only about 65 degrees here so I know it's not heat. I think my observation bothered her and she got up and went to the waterer and drank a bunch.

I'm peeking out the back windows at them now and she keeps returning to that same spot and laying down then back to the waterer. Oh how I hope she leaves me a present!

So I just got 2 americaunas they are 18 mths and molting but still laying ( according to the person I got them from)I have them seperated from my other girls for now since they're in a new place but should I expect any issues?

So I just got 2 americaunas they are 18 mths and molting but still laying ( according to the person I got them from)I have them seperated from my other girls for now since they're in a new place but should I expect any issues?

Most hens don't lay while molting, so I wouldn't expect any eggs from them until they are finished with their molt.

LAY CHICKENS! LAAAAY!!! :(

Sorry to say, you have a while to wait yet.

I think my egg watch waiting game might be over soon. I went down to check on the ladies after their snack of ribs and my smallest hen was sitting on the bottom of the run and panting. It's only about 65 degrees here so I know it's not heat. I think my observation bothered her and she got up and went to the waterer and drank a bunch.

I'm peeking out the back windows at them now and she keeps returning to that same spot and laying down then back to the waterer. Oh how I hope she leaves me a present!

Pacing is a great sign! Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom