First Egg Countdown

Congrats to all of you on your girls finally laying!
And to all of you still waiting, ugh I know how you feel, but it will come.
Finally, at 28 weeks old,I got my first egg out of a splash Wyandotte! It was the most exciting thing, Im still smiling.
Congrats!
celebrate.gif

of course since I posted yesterday, we found two eggs this morning! my guess is that they're both from the BSL, but that she laid her first yesterday and we missed it because we weren't quite expecting it. the lighting in this picture is bad, but they look like what I expected BSL eggs to look like?

of course since I posted yesterday, we found two eggs this morning! my guess is that they're both from the BSL, but that she laid her first yesterday and we missed it because we weren't quite expecting it. the lighting in this picture is bad, but they look like what I expected BSL eggs to look like?
Just awesome! Double the eggcitement!

Yay! Love that you put a caption in your picture!

Wow, two at once! How fun! Hopefully mine will get ready to lay soon.... but, although the ages seem okay, none are squatting or singing egg songs yet. I guess I have to keep being patient.

Nice! Congrats!
wee.gif

Second layer! And I practically witnessed it! It was a nice day today so I went outside and all the chickens were in the run except one was in the coop. She has been checking out the nesting box (yay!) for days and I heard her squawking in there. She came out of the coop, I checked the box, and there was the egg, still warm. Still exciting to find an egg and I'm hoping that having two layers will help keep up with our egg habit around here.
wee.gif

I had the golf balls in the nests for a long time, but I removed them b/c I thought they weren't helping. I put them back in and got an egg in the nest the same day from my Layer #1 that had been laying on the floor! Yay! This is today's egg from Layer #2!

Here is Layer #2, one of my EEs, Runny (short for I Like My Eggs Runny). I'm so proud of her!

Now I have two EEs laying and they both lay the same green colored egg. Time for green eggs and ham!

Back
Top Bottom