First Egg Countdown

Pics
Quote:
What a nice first egg! Congratulations!

I weighed it and it's 1.6oz.
smile.png
Not bad for a first egg. I'm so proud of her!
smile.png

I got my first egg from Roxy, my barred rock, yesterday. She is 22 weeks old. My granddaughter took it home with her before I could get a picture of it. She was to eggcited to give it up. My speckled sussex, Dottie, who is the exact same age as Roxy, isn't even close to laying.

I am not sure who is going ot be giving me my first egg. The twins(unknown age) should be the first to lay but I got some 15 week old that might be laying before the twins.

OK OK OK OK!! Yesterday I finally witnessed the EGG SQUAT from my 22 wo BO... Today she has been hanging out in her nesting box which she has NEVER done before! Is today the day?!

Yesterday I was standing in the driveway by the car talking to my mother-in-law. We hear this squawking and carrying on in the vacinity of the chickens, so we both walk over there. As we get closer, we realize that it sounds like the egg song. We look in the window, to see all the girls (all 16 of them!) pacing around very nervously/excitedly inside the coop and one of my dominique pullets perched outside one of the nest boxes singing the egg song. I went inside to look in that nest box, but no new eggs. I searched the coop and run, but nothing. What were in there, however, were the FAKE eggs that I'd put in. Apparently she'd just noticed them. "OMG there's EGGS in there! SOMEBODY laid EGGS IN THERE!"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom