First Egg Countdown

Ok so I have good news and bad news about the Faverolles I just hatched recently. The good news is that I have girls to add to this countdown thread! The bad news is that I only have two girls period.
th.gif

Oh well, I suppose I didn't need swarms of chickens anyway >_>. Now to find a new owner for these freeloading males.

Don't feel bad Pele.........last year I hatched 23 and only 7 were females.

lol oh man, that's almost impossible odds! Sorry to hear that Happy Chooks. Thanks for the condolences, everyone
hugs.gif

I'm enjoying the heck out of this new breed. They are SO different than hatchery birds! I can't stop picking them up and cuddling their wittle wide and fat selves. Though they are eating me out of house and home. Now I am officially in respectful awe of the low feed conversion that hatcheries have managed to breed into their lines! These new girls are eating double to triple what my hatchery girls did while growing up!

Oh well, I can't begrudge them any food when they look at me with their hilariously fluffy faces.

5 to 10 months to go!

So yesterday morning my girls were SO LOUD.... I thought for sure something had gotten in the coop so I went running down... Nope nothing BUT they were hanging out in the coop .... So I went back upstairs to get their breakfast and when I came back down they were back in the coop!!! and my Golden Laced Wyandotte was scratching around.... Well by the end of the day my GLW and my Frizzle cochin bantam both laid their 1st egg!!!! 2 in one day!
D.gif
Now if little Nugget, my cochin bantam, would join the party.... I have a feeling she will lay 1 egg and immediately go broody ... She is squatting so it shouldn't be long.... well she is a cochin
hide.gif

So yesterday morning my girls were SO LOUD.... I thought for sure something had gotten in the coop so I went running down... Nope nothing BUT they were hanging out in the coop .... So I went back upstairs to get their breakfast and when I came back down they were back in the coop!!! and my Golden Laced Wyandotte was scratching around.... Well by the end of the day my GLW and my Frizzle cochin bantam both laid their 1st egg!!!! 2 in one day!
D.gif
Now if little Nugget, my cochin bantam, would join the party.... I have a feeling she will lay 1 egg and immediately go broody ... She is squatting so it shouldn't be long.... well she is a cochin
hide.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Congratulations on the first eggs!

Grats! Yay for eggs!

D.gif
hide.gif

I'm on a roll! Or well my girls are ..... Nugget, my Cochin bantam, started laying yesterday too!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

She's the last of my hens.... I'm convinced the bantam frizzle Cochin is already thinking about going broody! She's laid 3 eggs in 4 days but really seems to like the nest box... In comparison my ameracunas lays her egg and comes right out... Hmmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom