First Egg Countdown!!

The second and third egg (from day 2 and 3) were not nearly as big as the first. They are more in line with what I expected. Dh keeps telling me each of the birds have laid an egg now - I keep saying one has had an egg each day.

No eggs yet. One or RIR is squatting when I pet her and she goes in the nest box and squats in it. I believe she is the one having the party and kicking the shavings all over the place

I finally found 4 eggs today. I have 4 hens and have been getting 3 eggs. I think my little Henny finally has laid her first egg. We were so excited to find 4 eggs today. I had to look twice to be sure I was seeing correctly.

2 RIRs and 2 EEs. All 22 weeks and no eggs. My nesting boxes have been set up for 6 weeks now. I keep sharpening the axe in front of them but they don't seem to be bothered by the threat. Any words of advice?

2 RIRs and 2 EEs. All 22 weeks and no eggs. My nesting boxes have been set up for 6 weeks now. I keep sharpening the axe in front of them but they don't seem to be bothered by the threat. Any words of advice?
I got my first eggs at 24 weeks. One hen didn't lay until 2 weeks after the others. It will happen soon...and you will be so excited and proud. As for the axe, they probably think you are going to cut wood. keep watching....They are so much fun to watch and interact with on a daily basis. I look forward to my hour or hour and a half that I spend with them each evening.

IT HAS HAPPENED.............................
wee.gif
OUR FIRST EGG!!!!! ITS BIG AND BEAUTIFUL
celebrate.gif

Now I just have to figure out witch of the 3 hens it was
lau.gif
........BSL been red faced for 4 weeks, RIR red faced for 1 week, WW Red for a few days and this morning after I found this egg I opened the run and she did the squat for me!!!!!! So I will have to spy on them tomorrow to see who layed this egg.

My 6 year old and I have been on cloud nine for 2 hours.

Store bought (large) on the left, our first egg on the right.............update...It was a double yoker!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom