First egg ever!!

Ceakmama

Songster
May 2, 2021
Alaska
I've had my flock since April and we finally got our 1st egg! I'm so excited! It was outside of the nesting box. I marked it with a sharpie and set it in one of the boxes, to hopefully get them to lay in the box.

Attachments

• 20210725_162336.jpg
    20210725_162336.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 13
I know the excitement of getting first eggs :old :thumbsup :hugs.
Can I make a suggestion. ;; Take that egg home, and eat it with your family members. You will only have one FIRST EGG.:love
Then place some golf balls into nest boxes to encourage the rest where to lay.
I don't have a pix of your nest-boxes. but suggest the nesting spots be in an area where hen feels privacy. Sometimes small curtain, covering opening, is helpful.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome

I know the excitement of getting first eggs :old :thumbsup :hugs.
Can I make a suggestion. ;; Take that egg home, and eat it with your family members. You will only have one FIRST EGG.:love
Then place some golf balls into nest boxes to encourage the rest where to lay.
I don't have a pix of your nest-boxes. but suggest the nesting spots be in an area where hen feels privacy. Sometimes small curtain, covering opening, is helpful.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and:welcome
Thanks! So is the egg still good if I left it out there since yesterday? It was really warm out today, is it still good to eat? I don't know the egg eating guidelines yet. 😄

Thanks! So is the egg still good if I left it out there since yesterday? It was really warm out today, is it still good to eat? I don't know the egg eating guidelines yet. 😄
Of course its good. Many peeps keep eggs on their kitchen counter un-refrigerated for long periods. They keep with bloom not washed off. I personally rinse my eggs if dirty. If clean and not dirty I do not rinse. Since I have a mix of eggs, I do refrigerate all of them.
Different countries have different guidelines. I believe most of Europe does not refrigerate the eggs.,, in stores, and homes.

Of course its good. Many peeps keep eggs on their kitchen counter un-refrigerated for long periods. They keep with bloom not washed off. I personally rinse my eggs if dirty. If clean and not dirty I do not rinse. Since I have a mix of eggs, I do refrigerate all of them.
Different countries have different guidelines. I believe most of Europe does not refrigerate the eggs.,, in stores, and homes.
Interesting, thank you! I'm learning something new every week with these chickens.

Back
Top Bottom