First egg ever!!

I made the first egg into an egg sandwich for my 3 year old. She was excited! We got our 2nd egg today. Today's egg was in the same spot (coop floor) as the 1st. Our nest boxes are on the same level as the floor, so maybe she started in the box and finished laying on the coop floor?

I made the first egg into an egg sandwich for my 3 year old. She was excited! We got our 2nd egg today. Today's egg was in the same spot (coop floor) as the 1st. Our nest boxes are on the same level as the floor, so maybe she started in the box and finished laying on the coop floor?
Possible, or she hasn't been sold on the nest box as being the place to lay, which is common with new layers.

If you have golf balls on hand those make good fake eggs. 1 or 2 per box will tell the chickens that that's a safe place to lay (because they'll think another bird has safely laid there).

I have 3 that are 15 weeks today. My EE's started at 20 weeks. I got very lucky and get 2 blue eggs every day. Congrats. It never gets old.
oh wow! Mine are 15.5 weeks would LOVE if my EE starts at 20 weeks!!! Have heard from a lot of people lately that their EE didn't start till 7-10 months! My other are Brahma's, Cochins, and Salmon Faverolle so mostly LATE layers. I feel like it will be years till I get my first egg (since some are 8-9 mo till they lay! LOL)

Back
Top Bottom