FIRST EGG!!! FINALLY

Impatient

Songster
Aug 29, 2017
GA
So my ladies hatched back in early september and for the last two months I've been eagerly awaiting that first egg, even switched them to layer feed a month ago. I started with 6 and after a hawk attack and terrible winter, I am now down to three so this first egg means even more to me. Not sure who laid it, but I heard a hen singing the "egg song" and rushed out to find this beautiful olive egg:
IMAG1365~2.jpg

IMAG1364~2.jpg

For a pullet first egg this thing is HUGE! I think it's from one of my ladies that hatched from blue eggs, Bobbi or Spot (the two white ones):
IMAG1366~2.jpg

EDIT:
My ladies are sneaky! I had a feeling and went digging around in the coop and found two more eggs! Definitely one from each pullet!

IMAG1367~2.jpg

Last edited:
So my ladies hatched back in early september and for the last two months I've been eagerly awaiting that first egg, even switched them to layer feed a month ago. I started with 6 and after a hawk attack and terrible winter, I am now down to three so this first egg means even more to me. Not sure who laid it, but I heard a hen singing the "egg song" and rushed out to find this beautiful olive egg:
View attachment 1301297
View attachment 1301298

For a pullet first egg this thing is HUGE! I think it's from one of my ladies that hatched from blue eggs, Bobbi or Spot (the two white ones):
View attachment 1301314

EDIT:
My ladies are sneaky! I had a feeling and went digging around in the coop and found two more eggs! Definitely one from each pullet!

View attachment 1301411
Congratulations!! They are big eggs - well done the girls!

May I ask what breed your white hens are? They are beautiful and I love their egg color :)
They're just mutt chickens I hatched from eggs from a friends backyard flock. She has a mix of EEs, silver laced wyandottes and Black copper marans. I believe the white hens came from EE hens with two different roos. One had a wyandotte sire and the other a marans sire. I think this because my friend has feather footed marans and Bobbi is feather footed where as Spot is not. Blue (the not white chicken) hatched from a marans egg and had the wyandotte as a sire since she has lacing in her feathers, she's definitely the pink egg. I think Spot is the mint green and Bobbi is the olive, both hatched from sky blue eggs.

Back
Top Bottom