First egg laying behaviors question, Jersey Giant.

Parentwarrior2

Chirping
Mar 10, 2022
Question for you all, what are the behaviors when a chicken lays her first egg? My Rose has been more vocal this morning and yesterday. She seems restless and irritated. I thought it was because the grandkids are over and her routine is disrupted. She's my house chicken. I caught her sitting on the nest so now I'm thinking maybe she's laying an egg. She's 5 months old and a Jersey Giant. I thought they didn't lay their first day until later like at 10 or 11 months. Heard they were slower. I'm hoping it's not a blockage of something she ate. She's never gone in and sat on the nest and with the extra noise she is making, I'm wondering if she's laying her first egg. She's just sitting in my arms now and quiet, she likes when I pet her. I thought it was because her morning routine was disrupted she usually sits with me when I get my coffee on the back of my chair and/or snuggles with me. She's not doing that today since the grandkids are here. She does like her routines. Here's a picture of her sitting with me and my chihuahua.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1657940228610.jpg
    FB_IMG_1657940228610.jpg
    544.2 KB · Views: 32
That's an old picture. She's fine. I'll try to get a better picture. It's probably just my camera. She's eating okay. Acting normal other than the bouts of noisy-ness.

Back
Top Bottom