First Egg!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bandobrown, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Bandobrown

Bandobrown Out Of The Brooder

Apr 27, 2007
    Littleton, CO
    Yeah! We got our first egg 3 days ago. I have to save it, anybody know the best way to save an egg? I was thinking formaldahyde (spelling?), but...gross.

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Congratulations on your first egg![​IMG]

I just set the eggs I want to save someplace safe where they won't be bumped. The insides will eventually dry. They look nice in a basket for display.

3. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    Yay! It's so exciting when a hen lays her first egg!
    I save my eggs in the same way as Motherhenandflock. Just put them someplace safe, where it isn't too humid. I turn them every now and then for the first year or so. I still have the first egg my favorite old hen Alice laid more than 11 years ago.
    You can save normal eggs this way, but I haven't figured out a way to save any of the strange eggs that my chickens have layed. I've tried, but no luck - anybody else?
    You can try blowing out the egg also, but of course you have to poke holes in it, and you run the risk of squishing it in the process.
    Good luck!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2007
  4. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I got my first egg today too [​IMG] I was so exited!!!!!

have fun with your egg!!!! now I know how exited it is to get an egg

PS. if you are wandering were my egg is it in my tummy :|

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by