FIRST EGG!!!!

DonkeysandDucks

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jul 19, 2007
N.W. Louisiana
yippiechickie.gif

WHOO-HOO!!!! "We" layed our first egg yesterday. I've only had my chickens two weeks and my bantam hen laid an egg yesterday! I didn't notice it until mid-morning, it was broken on the bottom of the coop and was obviously soft-shelled, but she laid one! Hope it gives the other "girls" the idea.

When might she lay another? Is there anything I need to do for her like oyster shell or whatever? This afternoon, I noticed my bantam roo mounting her. Is this normal? ( I swear I hear someone, somewhere, laughing!!!
barnie.gif

Help?!!

I had our first egg today so I share your excitement! Congrats!!

It is time to add oyster shell in the hen house for both of us. I'm using a rabbit feeder attached to the wall to keep some in.

You should be getting eggs every couple of days from now on.

Yes - if you have a Roo he should know his job and will mount pretty much any female around.

Thats great! How very exciteing to get that first egg. I have had chickens for a few years, and when the "newbies" start laying, I STILL get excited. Yup. as Chirpy said...time to add the oyster shell. You can also give them back thier OWN egg shells....dryed and crushed...LOTS better for them.
Oh....and HOW did you hear me laughing?
gig.gif
I wasn't laughing at your post....I was giggling about your name...DonkeysandDucks. I LOVE it! Cute!

Back
Top Bottom