First egg!!

Mammahen93

Chirping
Aug 16, 2018
Louisiana
2D5584C0-731B-433E-8826-420B343B747D.jpeg
I posted last Thursday about one of my buff orpingtons squatting and today she layed her first egg!!! :celebrate She had been in and out of the coop all morning and I realized she was making little nests in the shavings on the poop board :barnie so when she went back in there I moved her to one of the nesting boxes and she stayed there until she layed the egg! I guess when I went back out about 45 mins later she had just layed the egg bc when I opened the door she had just gotten out of the nesting box and there it was laying there next to the fake egg. I knew I would be excited but man I didn’t know I would feel THIS excited. My barred rock who I feel like is close to laying kept going in and watching her so now maybe she’ll start up soon to :love

I am getting impatient reading all of these post about first eggs. My girls (and boys) are 17 weeks old now, and I can hardly wait for that first egg.

Congratulations on your egg.
Mine are 24 weeks and no eggs yet. I did read that Cochins can take some time to mature but a couple have a nice read comb already. Hoping to get some before winter sets in.

Got my first egg today also...well found the nest of 3 today anyway. I am so excited you would think I gave birth to the 3 dang eggs I found . I literally texted everyone I knee...and of course posted here . I can't stop look for eggs now!
Aww yay!! :clap I bet that was exciting finding 3!! I did the same, texted everyone lol

Back
Top Bottom