First Egg!!!!!

Muahahahaha, you've obviously not offered watermelon! Come high summer in your location, you might offer them a refrigerated slice, seeds, rind and all. Raisins are a big hit with my girls, mine prefer the golden raisins. I speculate that it's because the golden raisins are plumper, softer, juicier. It's easier for them to pretend that it's a big, fat, juicy bug. My girls also enjoy papaya, they grow freely in my yard so there is no expense, I simply cut it in half, if it didn't break open when it fell from the tree, and leave it on the ground for them. As with all fruit and vegetable treats, limit them to no more than 10% of their overall diet as they will significantly reduce the overall intake of protein.
The horrible thing is that we HAVE tried watermelon :eek:

Hmpf! Try again this summer, they may change their mind! I love feeding them raw fruit like that, seed and all. I have volunteer fruit growing all over my yard (about a half acre, fully fenced). I feed them fruit, and the girls poop out perfectly fertilized seeds.

We got our first egg this morning!! We're pretty sure it's our Buff Orp, because she's been squatting! There's a little bit of blood, but I think it's normal for her first egg, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm on my way to school, so I can't take a picture, but when I get back, I'll post a picture! We're super excited!! :wee
signs-.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom