First egg

One of 4 Easter eggers laid the first egg. A beautiful blue egg. So excited!
Her name is Mario and she was trying to lay her first egg for 2 hours this morning.
I saw her going into the nesting box from the coop camera.
They did not play around the nesting boxes at all so I knew it's time.
I hope other girls would lay eggs in different colors.

View attachment 3379707
Congrats, such a pretty egg. My Bluebell just laid her first one the day before yesterday and the Easter Egger laid today. I am excited to finally have some colorful eggs. All my other girls lay brown eggs but of course I am equally thankful for them. :)

Hawk's first egg, light blue/grayish. 3 girls started to produce eggs within a week.
Summer is the last one to lay.
Hawk.png

Last edited:
Congrats!!! I got my very first egg ever this week & was like a little kid at Christmas! It was a small, but precious & perfect pretty light blue egg from what I thought was my Australorp..... so I'm guessing she's actually an EE. Which is fine with me! She laid her second egg 2 days later..... Such a great feeling seeing those prefect eggs starting to come in.

Congrats!!! I got my very first egg ever this week & was like a little kid at Christmas! It was a small, but precious & perfect pretty light blue egg from what I thought was my Australorp..... so I'm guessing she's actually an EE. Which is fine with me! She laid her second egg 2 days later..... Such a great feeling seeing those prefect eggs starting to come in.
Where did you get your “Australorp”, err Egger?

How old are your EEs and what color eggs do they produce?
They'll be a year old in May, I think. All four are producing the same color eggs, a pale green.

I've been told that crossing them with a Rhode Island rooster will produce hens with eggs of a deeper color. I may try that. No rooster at the moment.

Congrats on your first egg!! I just got my first egg the other day! Random question, what type of camera do you use in your coop? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom