First egg!

All of my chicks hatched August 28th. I have 14 pullets, of 10 different breeds. And at least 8 of my 14 pullets have just started laying within the past week and a half. I just got my first bluish green egg yesterday. But not sure who laid it. LOL Like you, I wasn't expecting any until spring. I got 7 eggs today, but no bluish green egg.
I have now been getting two eggs since Friday so someone else has decided to start laying as well! I got one yesterday that was much bigger than what I have been getting so I have no idea who laid that one lol I need cameras!

I got my first egg on Saturday from my Rhode Island Red hen! She laid Saturday and today but my question is why aren't my Australorps laying yet?

My two autralorps are three weeks older than the rest of flock and have not laid yet. My barred rocks and RIR are the same age and as of right now just my one RIR has begun laying. It's not a big deal, I was so happy to get my first egg on Saturday but was just curious as to why the older two wouldn't of been the first to lay or at least begin laying around the same time.

Who knows, maybe they will and will surprise me within the next few days!

Thanks!
Congratulations!!!
I just got my 1st egg this past Saturday, February 18th, 2023. Had bought 2 chicken coops and 8 Chickens that day.
First time dealing with Chickens myself.

Have gotten 5 eggs from at least 3 different breeds as far as I can tell within 2 days.

Attachments

• 20230220_181453.jpg
    20230220_181453.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom