First Egg!!!

Heathero617

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Mosheim
LOL but i dont know what exactly to do with it! It looks like a capsule, it's sort of pink and i am not 100% about the type of chicken she is. Here is a pic of the egg and one of the layer.

81272_pink_egg.jpg

81272_nelly.jpg

Input greatly appreciated, i'm thinking i'll put it in the bator since i'm on day 10 and by lockdown i'll know for sure. Theres nothing else i can do with it. I mean i COULD blow it out and hang it from my ceiling! LOL

Thank you...i think the egg its self is quite comical but i'm phsyched up! I had to modify a cup on my turner and decide which end was pointy and which end was the rounded. Like i said i have no expectations of it, but i have to try just because LOL

Quote:
Uhhhh lol cause it's no bigger than a minute! Although it IS my kinda egg, small, and would be gone in 1 bite. I'm not an egg eater.

It's hard to be sure from that pic, but, your chicken may be a Delaware.

Last edited:
Finished getting my first dozen today. Took a week and a day. I have two leghorns that are laying now. They are still a little small but getting bigger each day. The other 4 sexlinked are the same age but not laying yet.

95948_first_egg_7-31-11.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok, i'm not great at telling whats hwat just yet, it's a learning curve. I just love the pattern of the "Columbian" and she's a banty so.....but clean legged and not real friendly. Thank you, i'll take the camera and see if i cant get a picture of "Nelly" thats better.

Back
Top Bottom