First Egg!!

rgraf

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 19, 2011
Hi all,

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Eastern Iowa, a little chilly but sunny with no wind. I decided it was the perfect day for coop cleaning and guess what I found! Our first egg! I'm not sure who laid it, I think one of our black australorps, or one of the red stars. Here's a picture

100514_013.jpg

Here's a picture of the egg next to a large store egg for size comparison. It's the one on the left.

100514_014.jpg

This morning when we left for church, no eggs. When we got home from church, two eggs! Two laying hens! They will be 23 weeks tomorrow. Here are today's eggs.

100514_015.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my excitement!

Rochelle

YEAH!
wee.gif

Those first eggs are so much fun! It's like Christmas and birthday all wrapped into one little package. It never gets old for me to find a new egg in the nest box! Congrats!
yippiechickie.gif

I knew you guys would understand my excitement! My thirteen year old daughter thinks my "obsession" with the eggs is creepy.
smile.png

Congratulations. We got our first just after the new year when our chickens are just shy of 5 months old. We've had a total of 6 so far and tried them out last night with a side-by-side comparison to store-bought. Fresh really is better.
104170_jeffs_iphone_1-8-12_133.jpg

Back
Top Bottom