First Egg

StinaD

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 26, 2012
I cannot tell you how exciting it was to go out this morning and see my first egg. My girls were standing there looking at me like hey mom look what we can do. It was so cool. Now I just have to figure out why they are picking the feathers out of eachother.
yippiechickie.gif

Congratulations......
i just remembered my first egg ...my first flock ( 2 hens and a rooster) .I did not know about chickens at that time but loved them from child hood but got them at five year and then at 12 .../2010.. they were the first i brought by my self (without any help ) i did no know when they lay and what they eat and only brought feed for 2months ..they ate every thing that i would .... my hen (wiggy) layed first ...i remember that it was mid of october and was a boring morning then noon when guests arived and i went into the coop and sat in the corner when she immidately cme into my lap and thenon the floor into my legs where she layed and it was the most amasing moment of my life..........

Thank you everyone I am just so excited.
I noticed that Prissy guards both nesting boxes and pecks at Bitty when she goes in either of the boxes, any Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom