First Egg

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by StinaD, Dec 30, 2012.

1. StinaD

StinaD Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    I cannot tell you how exciting it was to go out this morning and see my first egg. My girls were standing there looking at me like hey mom look what we can do. It was so cool. Now I just have to figure out why they are picking the feathers out of eachother.[​IMG]

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    congrats on your 1st egg!

3. 7 Biddies

7 Biddies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    NE GA Mountains
    My Coop
    Congrats on an exciting event. Nicer still, the thrill will never totally go away! [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Congrats on the egg!

Feather picking can be a sign of protein deficiency, cramped space or boredom.

5. arcy liger

arcy liger Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2012
    Congratulations......
    i just remembered my first egg ...my first flock ( 2 hens and a rooster) .I did not know about chickens at that time but loved them from child hood but got them at five year and then at 12 .../2010.. they were the first i brought by my self (without any help ) i did no know when they lay and what they eat and only brought feed for 2months ..they ate every thing that i would .... my hen (wiggy) layed first ...i remember that it was mid of october and was a boring morning then noon when guests arived and i went into the coop and sat in the corner when she immidately cme into my lap and thenon the floor into my legs where she layed and it was the most amasing moment of my life..........

6. StinaD

StinaD Out Of The Brooder

Sep 26, 2012
    Thank you everyone I am just so excited.
    I noticed that Prissy guards both nesting boxes and pecks at Bitty when she goes in either of the boxes, any Thoughts?

7. PaulScott

PaulScott Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2009
    NC
    Big Gratz on your first egg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by