First Eggs - Color & Breed Question??

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by lionessT, Jan 26, 2011.

1. lionessT

lionessT Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Northern CA
    I have always been under the impression that I purchased the following breeds.
    One Rhode Island White
    One Red Sex Link
    One EE

I found my first 2 eggs this morning and both of them are white?? Not brown or blue... but white? According to the breed section on this site all of my breeds lay brown with the exception of the EE? My supposive Rhode Island White looks very different from the pics of the Rhode Island White's here. I can post pics soon. Any thoughts????

2. noitulover

noitulover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    Central Virginia
    I would guess that one of the chickens isn't really a the breed you think! Post pics of each of your chickens in the "What breed or gender is this?" section for more answers on what breeds you have!

3. lionessT

lionessT Out Of The Brooder

Aug 23, 2010
    Northern CA
    Thank you! I will do that! [​IMG]

4. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    You sure they are white? A lot of brown egg breeds look more like a pinky tan color.

It's possible though that your EE lays a light green egg so light it looks white.

5. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Quote:Pinky tan, I like that color [​IMG]
    My first brown egg was so light that I thought it was white, but when I looked at it in the house I seen it was just barely darker than my white eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by