First eggs question

GoldieOrpington

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Seattle, WA
When I went to let our not-quite-5-months-old hens out this morning, one of the Easter Eggers stayed back. This is unusual, and I also noticed she was picking up bedding and putting it on her back. A quick search indicated this could be a sign of broodiness. I picked her up, and sure enough, our first egg! I thought it was brown (we also have BOs), but could this be “pink”? Would it definitely be her egg since she was sitting on it?

05416583-D9BD-463C-A620-4C3E803C9C59.jpeg

While cleaning the run, I came across another green/blue egg which obviously belongs to one of the EEs. It’s an exciting day since I wasn’t expecting any for another month or so!

1679720E-8493-40D4-B79F-7D80E371B850.jpeg

congrats, my new bantams just started laying their first eggs 2 weeks ago. 9 so far but they are tiny little things compared to yours which look like regular sized eggs on the first go.

When I went to let our not-quite-5-months-old hens out this morning, one of the Easter Eggers stayed back. This is unusual, and I also noticed she was picking up bedding and putting it on her back. A quick search indicated this could be a sign of broodiness. I picked her up, and sure enough, our first egg! I thought it was brown (we also have BOs), but could this be “pink”? Would it definitely be her egg since she was sitting on it?

View attachment 2791742

While cleaning the run, I came across another green/blue egg which obviously belongs to one of the EEs. It’s an exciting day since I wasn’t expecting any for another month or so!

View attachment 2791744
It’s not broodiness, all hens do it when laying. Congrats on the egg.

Back
Top Bottom