First goose egg today!! Question?

No I don't hear anything . Except at night in the coop there's ruckus sometimes .... Idk I'm not in there and when I go look they all stop and stare at me like WHAT?
A golf ball was all I had I have never had geese so I didn't know . My ducks and chickens came pre sexed from Meyer I knew I could take their eggs no worries . W the geese it's confusing! Haha
I'm thinking you may have 2 girls being your not seeing any mating yet, it's still early though so they can still fool ya. Mine have only been mating for a couple weeks. she laid her first egg one week to the day they started mating, so actually won't be 2 weeks till this coming Monday. I'd think the other one will be laying soon if a girl so hopefully you will know for sure soon.

I'm thinking you may have 2 girls being your not seeing any mating yet, it's still early though so they can still fool ya. Mine have only been mating for a couple weeks. she laid her first egg one week to the day they started mating, so actually won't be 2 weeks till this coming Monday. I'd think the other one will be laying soon if a girl so hopefully  you will know for sure soon. 

I agree it is sounding more like 2 females. If so i was wrong guessing before.
My gander seems to be vocal all the time so I don't know if it was from mating or not. He is super protective right now. I have seen mating so I am just waiting for eggs now.

I agree it is sounding more like 2 females. If so i was wrong guessing before.
My gander seems to be vocal all the time so I don't know if it was from mating or not. He is super protective right now. I have seen mating so I am just waiting for eggs now.
My gander has a very distinct call after mating makes me think of Tarzan, well almost lol sorry I couldn't help it really does.
lol.png

Last edited:
Lady laid ANOTHER. Egg today . Right in beside the golf ball so apparently that's her best spot . It was Bigger than the last one - so this time I took it but did what someone suggested. Tip down in egg carton in warm room of house ? Just till I see if Lucy is going to lay an egg or not .
They were the same hatch date last spring so hmmmm
I can't leave the eggs if they aren't going to sit on them where they are .. There's a snow storm coming ;(

Lady laid ANOTHER. Egg today . Right in beside the golf ball so apparently that's her best spot . It was Bigger than the last one - so this time I took it but did what someone suggested. Tip down in egg carton in warm room of house ? Just till I see if Lucy is going to lay an egg or not .
They were the same hatch date last spring so hmmmm
I can't leave the eggs if they aren't going to sit on them where they are .. There's a snow storm coming ;(
Did she not lay inside their house? I'd place the eggs and golf ball inside where they sleep to encourage her to lay inside where she'll be safe.

My hubby built our goose a little house out of plywood and it sits next to our chickens nesting boxes. About three weeks ago I laid some clean shavings in it for a base and and placed some straw and grass hay on the ground outside of it. Over the next week she moved hay and straw into her box and two weeks ago I found her first egg of the season. She has given be a 1/2 dozen so far, about one every 2 days. After I pulled the first egg she seemed a little mad at me so I found a plastic easter egg that was a very light yellow and the same size as her eggs and laid it in her box. She now moves it all over the box covering it and she doesn't seem to mind when I pull out her eggs anymore.

Well.. I have 2 GIRLS! Both are laying! Both use the same nest . There is a pile of leaves left from fall in between the a/c unit and house and that's where they burrow themselves in. One after the other . Lady had laid an egg every other day . And this is Lucy's second day. I put new hay in the coop and tried to secton a space off but nope they go right back to the Nest spot .

Well.. I have 2 GIRLS! Both are laying! Both use the same nest . There is a pile of leaves left from fall in between the a/c unit and house and that's where they burrow themselves in. One after the other . Lady had laid an egg every other day . And this is Lucy's second day. I put new hay in the coop and tried to secton a space off but nope they go right back to the Nest spot .
Have you put their eggs inside where you made this place for them?and congrats on having 2 girls that's awesome, at least you don't have to be watching for a stinker gander trying to sneak up and bite you. lol

Back
Top Bottom