first hatch chick having trouble standing?

chickyboomboom1

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
Ok so im gessing its just because babys dont have coronation but 1 of my little chicks who hatched about 3 hr ago seams not to be able to stand up.. she falls to one side allways the same way..
Feet and legs look good and she kicks strong. No in your face things wrong any where else ...is this natural

I had a chick just hatch about 2 hrs ago and its still not standing very good or walking. But this is pretty normal. I wouldnt worry about it right now. Just see how it is tomorrow. It could still be pretty weak from doing all that hard work.

Its ok. I know what you mean. Im glad its doing better already!!! I had to assist a chick earlier and was nervous but had to be very calm and sturdy. I just watch my number 5 hatch and a few more are about ready too. Happy Hatching!!
jumpy.gif

ok in this situation: Is the shell really bloody or is the chick really bloody? If the chick is bleeding and you can see blood dropping wait a few and see if it stops. If the chick is bleeding do you know where it is bleeding from? If blood is still dripping off chick in a few then what you could do is get a damp paper towel and place it on bleeding spot and hold little bit of pressure on it. Treat it like how you would do if you cut your self.

Mostly the shell..but she was bloody allso. She is just layn there now I dont see any more blood on her

So now having another prob all from last night are good but today I came home to 3 eggs that had broke through enough for beeks to get out but died....I have 6 more eggs.. the humidity did drop to 50 -60
Would that day o it and what to do about the other eggs will thay still hatch or should I help

Back
Top Bottom