First hatch- Dry hatch or high humidity

Quote:
I hatch coturnix upright but I don't do the high humidity. Usually the little stinkers hatch while in the turner...the 'incubating' bator runs a consistent 30%-35% humidity
tongue.png

Yay- They started hatching around 10:00PM and are still going!!! There are about 16 out of 32 out and moving. I was going to leave them in there till morning or up to 24 hours but they look so hungry pecking around and all. I have read both advice- take them out ASAP, and dont take them out or you will kill the remaining ones in the eggs. I'm sorry- I am sure everyone has answered this on other posts (I cant find one), how long should I leave them in the incubator?

68776_dsc_0076.jpg

68776_dsc_0101.jpg

68776_dsc_0038.jpg

You won't necessarily kill the others, but they can stay in the bator for up to 24 hours after hatching. If you had done a thorough search you would probably have seen that most people that say 'take them out ASAP' get set straight shortly after. Hopefully you put a warm/hot wet cloth in there to bring your humidity back up quickly, they dry out very fast when you open it, especially if any were pipped
hmm.png

Defiantly bump the humidity up as far as you can, but leave the early hatchers in the bator as long as you can. They will encourage the others to hatch!

Back
Top Bottom