First Hatch from Broody Mama

Mommy 2 Wee Ones

Songster
8 Years
May 19, 2011
North Texas
Was expecting the hatch to start today, but it started on Monday. Broody Mama is an 11 month old BO, Daddy is a GLW, known Bio Mama's are Light Brahma's & EE, unsure of the last one.
First Chick (Lucy - Feathered Feet) Hatched 4-16-12

Second Chick 4-17-12 (No Pictures of it yet) (all blonde with dark smudges on back)

Third Chick 4-18-12 (dark one named Cuckoo) (dark spot on back of head is Lucy) Fourth Chick 4-`8-12 is Tumbles (Feathered Feet)

My oldest daughter sees another egg, I thought there were only 4 that survived when we moved her, 6 were put on the nest, the next day two eggs were kicked out & cold (both were fertile).
hit.gif

It is very exciting, this is my first year having chickens (Broody Mama & Daddy are from the 10 chicks I bought last year May 2011 at the local feed store.

I have another broody Mama, also a BO sitting on 14 eggs, 9 are due to hatch next week. Hope someone else goes broody soon, so I can move the later eggs under them, so they have a chance to hatch. Am now in the process of building the second broody house. I built the one of this Mama, and when I was done, the second BO went Broody, have not had time to build a second Broody House till now.
barnie.gif

Time to go out & build!

Back
Top Bottom