First hatch in Brinsea DONE! See Stats and Final Pic!

I re-candled The eggs tonight and unfortunately had to discard three, two of them my Mille Fleur d'uccles! Here's the breakdown:

Light Brahmas (shipped eggs) 8/10 viable, one questionable, 1 discarded with blood ring.

Salmon Faverolles (shipped eggs) 4/5 with veins, one questionable

Mille Fleur D'Uccles (shipped eggs) 4/6 with veins, one moving! Two discarded for blood rings.

Blue Laced Red Wyandotte (shipped eggs) 3/6 with veins, 3 questionable

BB Red Old English (from my pair) 3/3 with veins.

I am going to leave the viable ones alone now and check the questionable ones in a few days. I don't want an exploders.

Mary

We're officially locked down! Since my last update I have lost an another 9 eggs.

Here's the breakdown after candling tonight:

Light Brahmas (shipped eggs) 8/10 moving. One discarded with blood ring and the other a double yolk quitter.
Salmon Faverolle (shipped eggs) 4/5 moving.
Mille Fleur D'uccles (shipped eggs) 1/6 moving. 2 quitters, 1 scrambled on the 17th.
Blue Laced Wyandottes (shipped eggs) 2/6 moving. 2 Infertile, 2 scrambled
BBR OEG (from my flock) 3/3 moving (which is a good thing because they're already SOLD!

So of 30 eggs set, 18 are viable. 56% of my shipped eggs made it to lockdown.

Now things start to gooooooo reallllllllllly slooooooooooow..............
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning the four Salmon Favorelles are rocking and rolling.
jumpy.gif
Everyone else is just snoozing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only one Mille made it to lockdown. Two more were late quitters. I have my fingers crossed for this one. But, I do have 38 Mille Eggs in the pantry waiting to move in when these eggs move out!

Quote:
Can double yolk fertile eggs hatch? What is the expected outcome? twins?

I think it is extremely rare for double yolkers to hatch.

Quote:
well well!!! that's alot of millies
big_smile.png
What made you want to get so many?? Where did ya get them from?? lol sorry for the questions..millies are just my thing i guess you could say
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom