first hatch pls help!!! work in 1 hr and baby has a foot problem.

noodledoodle

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2020
ok so I had 2 eggs hatch earlier this past sunday the 31 and then yesterday the 1st i had the cutest baby come out but bam i noticed he has a huge amount of unabsorbed egg yolk and it was still attached to his shell. so in a massive freak out bc almost everything i read told me he’s gunna die i decided to swaddle him with the portion of the egg that was still attached up against the unabsorbed yolk bc that is what it was attached to. i swaddled the babe very tightly in a washcloth and them outside of the washcloth with my super warm fuzzy robe i pop my chick termo beater over him and repeatedly checked on him. the special lil one actually hunkered down and it basically was a false sense of an egg bc fast forward to 3 am on the 2nd today and he was screaming for me i jumped up out of sleep to see my baby crawling out of the swaddling exhausted and now dry and he absorbed all of it but a tiny tiny umbilical cord looking spot that’s shriveled up a tiny bit. he is drinking water and the down side is his left foot isn’t a ball but isn’t being used and he has a hard time moving around i put him in with the 2 ducks born on the 31st and their running around bumping him and exhausting him/her. but now idk what to do with this little guy bc i don’t want him to be hurt by the other 2 active ducklings. i desperately need to know what to do as i am starting a brand new job at 7 an hr and a half!!! please be someone up that can help me!!! i think you soooo sooo much

yes before work i yanked a drawer out of one of my tuba ware type shelf’s after cleaning i made a home for him in it and that’s where he still is his foot has luckily uncurled and is walking on it. pretty wobbly but still looking very very positive

Hi, there!

Just checking into see how your bird is doing. Updates to these threads are very useful for people in the future experiencing the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom