First Hatching Experience. Serama and Japanese Bantam.

When are the eggs going to start hatching?

• Total voters
Bad news:( I came home to find that the lights went out for a bit and the plug the incubator was in didn't come back on when the rest of the house did. The temp went down to 78°f.
I moved the incubator and plugged in my heating pad. I did a water test to warm them up and check for life and it looks like two of them are okay, but one is iffy. I wrapped them in the heating pad until the incubator warmed up again. I'll have to check again in a few hours.:hit
Oh no Saab!

I am so sorry.
Next time do NOT put live eggs in water...don't ever do that again. :smack

:hit:hitThey didn't make it. There was one that I knew for sure was still alive earlier, but when I cracked the air cell I saw that it was shrink wrapped. The drop in temp didn't help. I wish I would have helped it out when I saw it move. Another one was in position, but the last one was malpositioned, it's head was in the small end. I would love to just hop right in and try again but I'm going to wait until after my sister's wedding.
Oh no....:(

:hugs:hugs

:hit:hitThey didn't make it. There was one that I knew for sure was still alive earlier, but when I cracked the air cell I saw that it was shrink wrapped. The drop in temp didn't help. I wish I would have helped it out when I saw it move. Another one was in position, but the last one was malpositioned, it's head was in the small end. I would love to just hop right in and try again but I'm going to wait until after my sister's wedding.
:hugs
Oh that's so sad :( :hugs

Not that it's much consolation, but I didn't get anything my first 3 attempts at hatching.

Oh no Saab!

I am so sorry.
Next time do NOT put live eggs in water...don't ever do that again. :smack

A couple of words of advice
Safety holes are a last ditch attempt. Don't make any kind of hole until a minimum of 24 hours after an internal pip. Only when the peeping sounds start to get faint.
Float tests are usually only done when a eggs are late hatching.. usually about day 23 or later.
When I saw that the power wasn't working and the temps were in the 70's I panicked and warm water was the first thing I thought of to try and warm them up.:hmm I forgot that it would cause them to lose moisture. It sucks but lesson learned. It just sad that it would happen this late in the process.

When I saw that the power wasn't working and the temps were in the 70's I panicked and warm water was the first thing I thought of to try and warm them up.:hmm I forgot that it would cause them to lose moisture. It sucks but lesson learned. It just sad that it would happen this late in the process.
They is always another time.
;)

Back
Top Bottom