First incubation coming soon, I am nervous! :D

Pics
It cannot be the incubator nor the storage. If something would be off with that, I would see some attempts at development at least, eventhough failed. But there isn't a single sign in any one of these eggs. My only guess is that the rooster didn't mate with the hens yet, but then I am not sure why would many people confirmed my egg yolks as fertile. I compared it with pictures on the internet and they really do look that way.. So I don't know. I don't really want to hatch other eggs.. I want chicks of my girls that are close to my heart. I just gotta find out what's wrong.
What breed are they?

(Just a random question, nothing to do with the fertility...)

It cannot be the incubator nor the storage. If something would be off with that, I would see some attempts at development at least, eventhough failed. But there isn't a single sign in any one of these eggs. My only guess is that the rooster didn't mate with the hens yet, but then I am not sure why would many people confirmed my egg yolks as fertile. I compared it with pictures on the internet and they really do look that way.. So I don't know. I don't really want to hatch other eggs.. I want chicks of my girls that are close to my heart. I just gotta find out what's wrong.
I think your correct that it is a mating issue. I would watch to see if he is trying to mate with the hens. If you know he is connecting he is the issue. Specially if none of the hens eggs became fertile. Ya might just need a new rooster for mating if you want your hens chicks. Or give him a little time and then try again.

I think your correct that it is a mating issue. I would watch to see if he is trying to mate with the hens. If you know he is connecting he is the issue. Specially if none of the hens eggs became fertile. Ya might just need a new rooster for mating if you want your hens chicks. Or give him a little time and then try again.
Yeah, I will try to get up really early tomorrow to see how they get out of the coop - apparently, that's the time when the rooster usually mates with the hens. So I will see. And maybe he does need more time, it's been after all only a month and a week or so...

Back
Top Bottom