First incubation

Delaneygraces

Certified Procrastinator
5 Years
Jan 14, 2018
Illinois
I have no idea where February went, or how I still don’t have any chicks, but today i’ll Finally start up the incubator! I have 5 modern Game eggs going in, they’re either birchen, or A silver blue/birchen cross (giving me either silver blues, sports, or mixed blues.)
Fingers crossed they’re fertile!

Sorry, I haven’t been keeping up with my post updates! The first five eggs were no good. I put in a second batch of a dozen eggs. After 10 days, only one had any color/veins, but it was pretty dark, and I assumed it was no good, and left it a little longer only for it to pop in my incubator :sick
I’ve added another dozen modern eggs, this time with a little more certainty to believe some will be fertile, as I watched the hens be breed l, then lay multiple eggs. There’s another 2 dozen eggs being turned in a carton ready to be put in the incubator.
I’ve also acquired new chickens!! I got two lemon blue (YAY!) old English game Bantams, and a brown Red old English. I’ve had them for almost a month, and started collected eggs. They’ve laid me about a dozen, and 4 in the incubator are fertile! I’ll either get a LB sport, or a LB, depending which been laid it! (This is the only pen where my hens aren’t separated...:confused:the numbers keep increasing :gig)
I also bought a nice Wyandotte Bantam hen from a sale barn (I was surprised to find a quality bird like her a t a sale barn, but she is a really nice bird). Her name is Judith!
I’m also trying to convince my Cochin to go broody, she’s laid 5 eggs in her nest, and sleeps on the every night, but still refuses to actually brood.

So overall, I’ll actually be getting chicks soon...In April/May. Whoopsie!

Back
Top Bottom