First initial food after Canada Geese hatch

SmithsCoop41

Chirping
Sep 29, 2023
Hey y’all! I’m so excited! My goose finally hatched. My question is about first initial food. I have some 22% Duck all life stages crumble food by Dumor that I bought from TSC awhile back. It says it’s fine to give to all ages, has 22% protein and niacin. Is this safe to give to a freshly hatched Canada goose? Also how long after hatch should he/she be walking good? It’s toes aren’t curled and everything seems to be okay with feet.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 27
Goslings take a little while to get there land legs. Usually 24-48 hours. Dont trust any feed as all they need. Hard boiled egg yolk sprinkled over there feed for the first few days can give them a boost but remove it if they dont eat it up in a few hours. Adding a sprinkle of Nutritional yeast or brewers yeast over there feed every morning can help them get the Niacin they really need for the first 6 weeks. There bones grow quick. Once you feel the rough tips and feather's are starting to come in about 3-4 weeks you will want to lower there protein to 17 percent or a little less but there still growing so keeping up with niacin is really important.

Goslings take a little while to get their land legs. Usually 24-48 hours. Dont trust any feed as all they need. Hard boiled egg yolk sprinkled over their feed for the first few days can give them a boost but remove it if they dont eat it up in a few hours. Adding a sprinkle of Nutritional yeast or brewers yeast over their feed every morning can help them get the Niacin they really need for the first 6 weeks. Their bones grow quick. Once you feel the rough tips and feather's are starting to come in about 3-4 weeks you will want to lower there protein to 17 percent or a little less but there still growing so keeping up with niacin is really important.
Thank u so much! 😊

I ordered a bag of Mazuri and it apparently sat too long as it had clumped up, presumably due to moisture, my geese didn't care for it either. So I've stuck with Purina, Nutrena, or Kalmbach brands.

Kalmbach Duck and Goose (All Stages) is probably the better of the three I use.

Back
Top Bottom