first look out the ADOR1

Oooooh! I hadn't thought about that at all! Right now I have one 2x4 beam every 4', going across the 8' span. Do you think that's enough? I hope so because I ran out of that color paint. :)

Probably, put lots of screws and washers to hold the HC, like every 6-8 inches...keep an eye on it and maybe have something ready to prop it up....or rig a tool up to keep the most of the snow scraped off the top.

Tho I'm kind of a worry wart and I live in a snow belt, but I've had stuff fail with snow weight, snow can get very, very heavy when its wet.... or ices up and builds over the winter...then starts to melt and get heavy.

Probably, put lots of screws and washers to hold the HC, like every 6-8 inches...keep an eye on it and maybe have something ready to prop it up....or rig a tool up to keep the most of the snow scraped off the top.

Tho I'm kind of a worry wart and I live in a snow belt, but I've had stuff fail with snow weight, snow can get very, very heavy when its wet.... or ices up and builds over the winter...then starts to melt and get heavy.
Well, I'm a worry wart too. We don't get as much snow as I imagine you do, though. I've been putting screws/washers every 6" anyway, just to be sure the wily predators can't get in, so hopefully I'm fine.

Thanks for the advice - it's always welcome!

No problem....glad to help out....I know on my own projects a fresh eye is most appreciated, cause ya just can't remember everything.

Beautiful
D.gif

So how did your run roof hold up to the snow?

I'm glad you asked! It did really well, and even provided me with the opportunity to take some artistic pictures as the snow melted through the hardware cloth.

Here's a picture from inside the run, to give you an idea of how much snow we got:

And here's the snow coming through the hardware cloth:

Here's some stuck acorn caps:

More acorns, and some darker squares of ice among the snow. It reminds me of pixels.

Back
Top Bottom