First loss

jodiea60

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 18, 2011
Arkansaw
This am found a dead chick....was fine and fiesty last night.....I think that it got to cold and he got piled on.....Had up the light last night and I think it got to cold...Live and learn:(

Sorry for your loss.
sad.png
I hope the rest are doing okay!

We lost our first chick today too. I think our garage where the brooder is got cooler than expected. She was lethargic and started falling over. I tried sugar water with no luck. She didn't get a pasty butt though. What are the symptoms of a chick that gets too cold?

I think what happened is I raised the light and I think it got to cold and they all piled up and this little one suffocated....it was literally the size of a marshmallow!!! They are boughten chicks and the rest are doing good.....

it was so darn tiny and cute that i held it more and loved it up.....So it went to the big Coop feeling very loved!!!!

OH NO!!!! im so sorry for you! last month i lost 4 chicks cuz i left em out side while i was at the store. it rained and filled the brooder up half way. only 2 lived. ;( my little peckerz and birdy died!!!
hit.gif
birdy and peckerz were my barred rock chicks. birdy nearly died when he was born. peckerz was my brave little man.
hit.gif
only 2 weeks old when they died!!!!
hit.gif

i'm so sorry for your loss. i hope the other chickens are ok.
fl.gif

WHY MUST THE GOOD AND AWESOME DIE YOUNG?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom