First Marans and Olive eggs!!

Beautiful colors. Congratulations!!
clap.gif

It's hard to choose between the 7$ ketchup that is high-fructose corn syrup free or the super-on-sale ketchup for $1.
hu.gif

Oh and thank you everyone, we are very happy with our girls' first eggs!! I forgot to mention that all the other chickens, roos included, were cheering on each of the two as they were laying. Very Loudly. Very early in the morning too.

Quote:
Tell me about it! Or baby tylenol without the artificial color and flavor that is twice the price! And I couldn't even find sweet pickles without yellow 5 and HFCS.

We are lucky enough to be 40 minutes from Trader Joes... they have healthier versions of a lot of things. If I can't find it there, or if it is too much money, I try to make my own. But sometimes that is a pain in the butt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I had been paying the ridiculous amount too for the "organic, high fructose corn syrup free, all natural, blah blah" kind too- but money got a little tight, so we caved in.

I'm thinking about making my own from now own, you can make a lot for cheap!

2nd Black Copper Marans pullet egg today, shot in the late afternoon sun. Less freckled than before, but still not entirely solid coloring yet. (Really kicking myself for not getting a digi-cam with a decent Macro setting!)

14631_013.jpg

Last edited:
Great pictures and beautiful eggs!
yippiechickie.gif
Blue eggs are nice but green are really cool. Our most recent group of EE's are laying green eggs, the previous group all gave blue. Gotta love the green!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom