First Night in Coop! Sad Chicks!

Aw, change is hard for everybody, isn't it?!?!

One thing that helped my chicks was I forced myself not to overdo the "checking on them" - at least for my chicks, if I was acting stressed they'd pick up on it and be more stressed!
I’m not going out again lol. It’s not easy. They were in the Florida room so I could see them all the time. It’s a real big difference!

:hugsYour babies will be just fine. I was thinking that there is a lot of space for them inside the coop. You could wall off the nest boxes until they are closer to laying age.

More importantly the roost does seem a bit wide for them. Can you move the roost from the brooder into the coop, at least until they get a bit bigger? Was there a light in the brooder? Perhaps creating a similar set up would ease their transition.

Good luck!

I'm guilty of buying an actual digital baby monitor :oops: so I can see and hear what's going on. It's better than running out there every few minutes if there seems to be a disturbance. Also comes in handy around hatch time with broody hens- listening for the first peep from the eggs.

I’m not going out again lol. It’s not easy. They were in the Florida room so I could see them all the time. It’s a real big difference!
I never started mine in the house. The brooder was in the garage but I was able to walk right out the garage door and check on them. I am glad they are in the coop, I just have major predator fear.

I'm guilty of buying an actual digital baby monitor :oops: so I can see and hear what's going on. It's better than running out there every few minutes if there seems to be a disturbance. Also comes in handy around hatch time with broody hens- listening for the first peep from the eggs.
:hugs You are not alone! My first broody (no rooster, so fertile eggs) led to a wifi camera in the coop, then another one pointed at the opposite wall, then 1 outside in the run! It sounds eggcessive, but it has come in handy! :lau Our coop is about 150' from the house so we need to use a wifi extender! :gig

Those cameras are the best reality tv. :pop

Back
Top Bottom