First one, wrong end!!!!

Little sweetheart
love.gif
I'm so glad he hatched o.k. How many chicks have hatched now? We were so busy with this little guy, I forgot about the others!

Well done!! You did it! That membrane is perfect, the timing was perfect. But where the pic of the chick out of the egg? I want to see him.
I hope I posted fast enough for you to see him! I am sure it is about to be dinner time there in Ireland!
He is big and healthy! I thought the membranes looked good too. Last night would have been too early. But this morning was perfect! His umblical cord was still attached slightly but there was no trace of yolk. My grandpa is an old school farmer, he said there was no way I could save it. I was proud to prove him wrong.

BRAVO! AWESOME! you did very well! CONGRATS! can we see the chicky now? what breed? awwwwww you did a fantastic job at sitting on your hands and knowing what to watch for! you are now very well seasoned! JOB WELL DONE! your membranes look fantastic! I am wondering if the chicks feet and legs are ok? sometimes they have issues when stuck like this! we have info to help if you need them for orthopedics! AGAIN CONGRATS, you did absolutely wonderful!!
Thank you Sally! I really did appreciate that article. I would have messed up for sure with out it. We think its a HE for some silly reason. I guess after that much love and effort we just can't stand to call him and IT. But he is a White Marans. Pretty rare from what I hear? He is not as yellow as his sibling, so maybe that is wrong but that is what the breeder wrote on the egg. I guess time will tell. He does not seem to be having feet problems yet. I guess time will tell there too! I felt awfully proud, THANK YOU!!!!

You guys are too fast for me! Haha! You replied before I could send mine.

Sumi, we have 5 so far. 10 more to go. But no more pips.
hu.gif

Maybe they are just waiting but I am not seeing any rocking either. It is very possible we will only get 5 with it being my first time and they were shipped.
So far we have a Gold Laced Wyandotte, a Rose Comb Rhode Island Red, a BBS Ameriuacuna, and 2 white Marans. (I am sure I butchered those spellings. But thats it so far!

The day is not over, so we shall see!

Oh and we named him Ajani- It is African for "He who wins the struggle"!
Watch him be a her! Haha! But we found it fitting!

Last edited:
Oh and we named him Ajani- It is African for "He who wins the struggle"!
Watch him be a her! Haha! But we found it fitting!
Good name! I like it
thumbsup.gif
I'm from Africa originally, we moved to Ireland a few months ago. Quite a change of scenery! LOL It's early evening here, 18:15 to be exact, so I'll be around to chat with you all for a bit yet.

WOW! That is awesome! I bet it is a change! Well then maybe you can tell us how to pronounce it because we found it online. Is it uh-john-ee? Ah-jan-ee? A-jani? Haha we are clueless.

How long to hatches usually last? It is only day 21, but with Ajani pipping on day 19 this feels like it is taking for-ev-er! More lessons in patience!

a-JA-nee with the emphasis on the "ja", hard J like January and both a's like lala and a long e. Hope you understood that LOL It's feminine enough for a female too.
Hatches can be spread over 4 days, but they usually last 2 days if all goes well. Candle the rest of the eggs and check if they pipped internally and you can also tap them, i.e. hold the eggs against your ear and tap them with your fingernail, then listen for a response from the chick.

wow just found this tread now its vary interesting and usfell for the future incase anything like this acoored in the future if it was me i wouldnt be able to risist and i would have proble kille the chick by mistake
barnie.gif
how can you tell if it pipped internally and its 07:24pm here in ireland now and could you show us a pic of him in the brooder
caf.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom