Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Gotchya
thumbsup.gif

Now that the beer has Kicked in I am finding a tiny bit of humor
hu.gif

smile.png
also, the reason i said to not shoot them is so that they can't countersue you for emotional distress or anything on their side. i'm guessing you didn't warn them in writing, so they could lie about whether or not you warned them at all. cover your bases, trap the cats and take them to a shelter as abandoned (since they're on your property), document your losses and photograph the cats in traps on your property, you'll have a good case. and hopefully hitting them with a lawsuit will be more effective than just cycling through cats
smile.png
good luck!

Quote:
Gotchya
thumbsup.gif

Now that the beer has Kicked in I am finding a tiny bit of humor
hu.gif

smile.png
also, the reason i said to not shoot them is so that they can't countersue you for emotional distress or anything on their side. i'm guessing you didn't warn them in writing, so they could lie about whether or not you warned them at all. cover your bases, trap the cats and take them to a shelter as abandoned (since they're on your property), document your losses and photograph the cats in traps on your property, you'll have a good case. and hopefully hitting them with a lawsuit will be more effective than just cycling through cats
smile.png
good luck!

Actually as funny as this sounds I told them I was recording our conversation and have it all on tape
hugs.gif

It's a shame that as much as we all love animals that pet owners refuse to take care of their pets and often put us in situations where we have to act on our impulses. My impulse is the same, I would not think twice but shoot first then feel horrible after the fact. You can warn your neighbors over and over that their dog or cat is causing harm. the worse part is your neighbor was most likely sleeping like a log while their cat was out prowling. I am a cat owner and at night my cat is in our garage so that we can sleep. If I let her out she will kill. Sorry for your loss.

sorry that you lost your birds and w. heads being pulled thru the wire...it really sounds like the work of raccoon.

i had an issue of similar nature w neighbors dog; long story short, on the third time of dog on my prop, and bird losses, i wrote neighbor a letter asking for compensation or i would proceed with further action. they did compensate and relocated dog. if you ask nicely, you never know what your neighbors will do to make peace. Peace is priceless w. neighbors,for sure.

Quote:
Thanks

Now I must go and make sure all pens are booby trapped for all predators 2 and 4 legged and maybe that crazy three legged critter. be back in a few

Quote:
But I do not see coon tracks in the mud only cat Unless he was in the neighbor meth lab and floating or maybe he was wearing cat track boots
gig.gif

Quote:

If you go back and actually read the original post, we are talking about Quails, NOT chickens. Quails live in cages, not coops.
roll.png

Anyway OP- I am sorry for your loss. Do what you gotta do.
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom