First predator Kill on my bird's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
They are locked up tight they are on my deck in a double wired cage. guessing I am gonna have to build another cage today. But that was my plan in the first place guessin the dam cat beat me to it:mad:
As i stated I will not warn anyone I have told them three times in the past I shouldn't have too tell them,b ut once
hu.gif

Sorry for your loss.

I worried about the outdoor cats around here, too. They do patrol the grounds here and keep down skunks and mice and such, which I appreciate. I would not appreciate one killing any of my animals.

How did the cat get into the cage?

When I raised tiels & keets & parrots their flights were secured against small predators, since if something the size of a cat could reach them then there were a lot of other predators that could, too.

I agree with the person that said to secure you cage better, you are going to have more animals way more aggressive than a cat, I can't imagine a cat tearing thru wire to get in. And you can shoot that cat (which is a horrible thing to do ) and you will have others come along...You need to take the time and effort to make your enclosure safe for you birds and there won't be a prob...besides , you don't even know it Was a cat, you saw tracks, well maybe he was walking around...........Oh and please refrain from showing pics of your "trophy", nobody likes to see a cat that is about to be killed Or already killed.....
somad.gif

Last edited:
How to solve your problem....very easy.....step one...go to neighbor with a really scared look on your face....tell them that just last night you heard some noises out back and went to investigate....what you saw horrified you.....you saw an adult (bobcat-coyote-fox) running from your back yard....five minutes later you seen HER CAT running for its life across your yard. Tell them that you think the predator was chasing her cat looking for a quick meal and you are worried about your birds and her cats....tell her it might be wise to keep her beloved cats inside for a while or they might not come home......if she doesnt do it well then she is just a horrible person and deserves to have her cat eaten by these predators.....now she either keeps them inside and eases your mind or she lets them out and you trap them and take to humane society or a local rescue....or dispose of...your choice but either way you can say you did everything you could to warn her that this behavior will end in her cats demise.....just one option.....the other is SSS which i prefer...its quick and final....just my two cents

I will not post pics Unless he is a biggin. Fact is I am not sure how it got the birds head through

Good luck with your hunt. Bird head though what? If it was a decapitation it could of been a raccoon. It is always interesting to see what you find in the trap in the morning.​

Quote:
Good luck with your hunt. Bird head though what? If it was a decapitation it could of been a raccoon. It is always interesting to see what you find in the trap in the morning.

I agree Patman75 that if something pulled your birds head through the wire it was not a domestic animal. I was either a coon or a weasel not you neighbors cat! I had the same problem so I put a half round skirt at the bottom of my run that goes up theree feet where it reattaches. It balloons out from the the base so nothing can get their paws in for easy gabbing. Worked great no more losses
smile.png

Quote:
Good luck with your hunt. Bird head though what? If it was a decapitation it could of been a raccoon. It is always interesting to see what you find in the trap in the morning.

Pretty sure it was a cat. I do know what a cat track looks like as well as a coon track
wink.png

Sad thing is, even if it were not the cat, which now I hear the head was taken off Im sure it was not a cat....that cat is going to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be killed anyway, he may simply be investigating the trap tonight and get caught.......YOU need to make a safer enclosure for your birds and that'll solve it, why wasn't your bird in a coop at night?, you leave them in a wire cage at night?, that doesn't seem right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom