first quail incubation

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with breeding stick insects, scorpions, black widow spiders or rattle snakes. As long as that's what you are going for.
big_smile.png

Cuteness is a value judgment.

IMHO

thats funny because i just fed a huge black widow spider to my guineas today. found her in my hay barn and figured it would be a nice treat for my little noise makers. here is a pic of my new 2 day old coturnix.
www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/28493_quail2.jpg

and just to prove i am truly addicted to these little roaches I just set another 60 eggs!
I am in so much trouble i don't know which way is up!
just waiting for a fan to go with my new hovabator so i can set even more eggs.
18 degrees tonight better turn up the heat in the doghouse.

Hooray!!! 1st quail hatched tonight! We have 12 in the hovabator & like several have attested to, we were not the most particular in terms of rotating punctually 2-3x / day... In fact today (day 19) I got on this thread to see at which point I should increase humidity... went to do so & noticed 2 pipped eggs! Tremendous!

They are addicting! It is so funny because they take so long to pip and they all seem to hatch all at once. I got 44 out of 60 on my last hatch. I am gonna take a break from quail for a couple or three weeks to concentrate on some chickens. good luck with your hatches.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom