first quail incubation

the skunk is a mystery! still don't know what he is, all his brothers and sisters are the same color but he has to be different. It is almost a creme color with stripes. And just to prove that i have the fever real bad i just sat "66" more eggs from this week! "WHAT WAS I THINKING"??????????? My wifes gonna kill me!!!! Oh well!
rant.gif

Last edited:
UPDATE!! It has been 16 days since i have set my second batch of quail eggs. They started to pip last night and now i have about 23 little roaches running around in my incubator. More to come i hope. HMMM
I have about 45 more eggs from this week. I Wonder what my wife will say?????
smack.gif

It's 26 degrees with a chance of more snow and I've got 80-90 Coturnix eggs going in the incubator tomorrow after my chicks get done hatching. I think maybe there might be more than 1 husband in the doghouse here pretty soon!

hide.gif
44 chicken eggs in one incubator with the turner, 45 in the second incubator that I need to turn, 50+ quail eggs waiting to go into an incubator. 5 "brooder" pens in the laundry room that have quail and chicks.
And I really want a cabinet incubator...... I think the turner is coming out today to make room for more eggs...... I am delivering a horse today so I can buy a little lumber so I can separate the chickens into breeder pens....
th.gif
help.....
hide.gif

i will save you some room here in the doghouse.

Are girls allowed in the doghouse?

"Honey, where are you going to keep those quail if they hatch??"

gig.gif

Silly hubby​

SURE!!!! Come on in girls we have lots of popcorn. Well so far i got 41 little quail out of 66 eggs with a day still to go! Now the real question is what am i gonna do with the 55 quail eggs that i got this week????? HMMMM.......Man i am in so much trouble!!!! OHHH did i mention i got a new Hovabator for christmas!!!
celebrate.gif
..... Guess it's good that i have a heated 3300sq ft barn to live in with my little feather butts:weee....pics will follow!

I have a 1000 sq ft house with 3 adults and 3 cats living inside. Just got to find an open plug for that brooder now...
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom